Sunday, April 03, 2005

replies

I shall reply to the people who posted comments in my last entry, just as appreciation for spending precious to read and most of all, to reply.

To Sinch,
Wow, didn’t know u are quite knowledgeable birds. I know nuts. My friend says it’s a hummingbird when I describe it to him. Upon surfing the net, I realised you are right. It’s a sun bird. The colors are not that dull, at least better than crows. It loves the sun I suppose, always in her nest during rainy days and night-time. I like to just check out on him during commercials, tempted to shake her nest. Haha. But do wonder what it will be like roasted. The powers of hunger…. Haha.

To Inocencia,
Thanks for the constant comments. Do note that I really read and appreciate them.

You know in my school, sometimes students insulted one another by calling each other an animal, say a dog. Yet when I was the target, I do wonder how good it may be if I am really a dog (that is of course if dogs can go to heaven, and that is of course I don’t have to starve as a dog). I mean, a dog will not sin, it just loves his master. That’s all.

Likewise, birds too live a life of contentment, darting in and out, calling the sky its home. Indeed, being a bird may be so much better. Yet I suppose it’s only Man who has access to God. Oh well…

Two weeks ago, I saw the culling of birds. I guess it’s something birds have to be worried about. The man was holding a rifle, and shot down one or two of the crows, I guess to prevent over population of the birds. I do feel sorry for the birds, do wonder if man’s the right to kill just for so-called comfort, for game. Oh well… You know in my A levels Biology, we study much about viruses. It’s gruesome to learn the mechanics of viruses, how they hijack cells to produce copies of themselves. Like a plague, they went to a place to drain all resources, and then relocate to another. I was reminded of a movie the matrix, when one the character states that human are like virus, moving to a place, draining all resources and proceed to another. Animals on the other hand lives in a world of balance, of ecological balance, and man seems to be destroying this balance from day 1, disrupting the food chains, killing for game, for materials, for jewellery, causing the extinction of species and endangering others as well…. Sigh… Wonder what heaven will be like… Will there be animals? Will there be carnivores? Shrug…

To fatcat,

School’s pretty okay, only that the temptation for skipping lessons for lan is rising. Today’s probably the second time I did it again. Doubt it’s the last. So much for aspiring to be a vet… hai… Feel the guilt, but then I guess guilt can’t overwhelm play. Ha! Hey if it’s last yr, I think I’ll pon till I get my classes. I am improving… haha.

Anyway, I think I’m still quite alone in this school, never really make friends and all. Perhaps I’ll just wait for the classes to be announced, then I’ll be more socially involved. Anyway, quite nice being alone as well… lesser distractions and all. Perhaps in a way, like what some has mentioned, JC is a different ball game as compared to sec 2, I suppose academically. To me, I suppose it’s just the age of the people around us that have changed, and this brought about maturity, ironically greater sin, backstabs and all. Oh well.

Oh well… good luck for your studies too. Wish JC is 1 yr as well. I'm always amazed at the fact that I’m now 3 yrs behind you when I’m the same age as you…

4 Comments:

Blogger sinchisticalsinchism said...

Well, there was a period of time (1994-1997?) I was (very) into bird watching, if you're interested to do so I can loan you my field guide books and binoculars. Highly therapeutic and portable hobby to pick up, really :)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

hahahaha.. thats a good one there inocenia, whoever ya are. hmm.

sc: hmm.. well.. abt sch.. i guess.. just do your best la. i mean no one can ask more from you than your best, and just when you look back 10 years down the road try not to do anything you'll regret. haha. sounds really easy i know and sometimes.. or rather most of the time i can't do it myself. but just that extra bit of effort can go a long way.
i mean esp if u do want to do vet sc. vet sc is the hardest course to get in here.. so.. hmm. does that provide motivation..? haha.
anyway yeah.. just hang in there and remember that ultimately whatever you do its for God la. yeah..? cheers.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

btw its not the A levels i'm doing. its called the TEE. tertiary entrance examination. so yeah. haha.

2:04 PM  
Blogger shadow said...

Hi. Accidentally left a comment on an old post so posting here again instead. Like your blog. Have added it to a list of ARPC blogs. From your posts, looks like you're ok with the public nature of the internet but let me know if you want out, k? Thanx!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters