the beauty of life!
“Fire, water, wood, air!” These are some of the elements recognised by the ancient witchdoctors, scientists of the past. Man has progressed. We have reduced the things around us from objects to raw materials, to compounds, to elements, to molecules, to atoms. Even atoms, we have discovered, is made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons, differentiated by simply the numbers and structures of these smallest particles known in the world today.
When I studied this in Secondary School, in my Chemisty class, my Biology class, I was astounded – not at the ‘miracles of technology’ Man has created, but at the miracles of life perhaps God has created. How does these small particles, non-living things as they are, gather to form life itself? How is it possible that these lifeless charges amass to form cells – the simplest form of life? How do cells interact to form organisms, and eventually Man himself?
Our Science has answered a lot of our ‘how’ questions (how cells interact, or bonds formation leading to the various phenomenon etc) but Science fails to answer the most fundamental question ‘how does life come about?’. Science does not wish to acknowledge the presence of the Supernatural, denying the existence of God. Yet, past research and hypothesis about Genesis, like the Big Bang theory, have suggested the necessity of an immense source of energy. Why does this come from?
Dan Brown, the author who blasphemes about Christianity in Da Vinci Code, did write a concept brilliant in Angels and Demons, that science should work to prove there is a God. (At times, I really do am curious about his beliefs.)
We all have a desire to live. Animals adapt to new environments that ensure their survival. Plants too reproduce to form more and more species to reduce chances of extinction. Yet I can’t help but wonder if the most fundamental of life itself (that is cells) has this so-called survival instinct. Some seem to be formed to die (like our keratin, cellulose etc.). And together with the living cells, they made up us. Isn’t that extraordinary?
The evolution theory, as began by Charles Darwin. I feel perhaps insulted that I originated from an ape. What abstract ideas and rubbish Man can come up with to reject God at times! The apes that we know about today are not even the top 3 most intelligent. If the evolution theory is to be accepted, I wonder why on earth apes do not evolve (for the sake of survival and all that crap). I wonder why we are smarter than animals with both bigger brains and minute brains.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home