Thursday, March 10, 2005

a peek of 2001

Thursday, 10 March 2005 T: 13 26

Stuck in the house with nothing to do (besides lamenting over my lost wallet and crying out of boredom), I began reading my diary, the entries I have written in 2001. I was almost horrified to see the presence of vulgarities in it, surprised with the pathetic language skills I possessed then, amazed with the fact that all my entries seem to contain a girl’s name. (lol) ‘Wen Shi Jian Qing Wei He Wu?’ (What is love, what is romance?) Perhaps it's not easy to explain infatuation, the concept and mysterious hormonal chemistry that causes the phenomenon of love at first sight. You will just know it when it hits you. Anyway, I realise I am insanely childish at the age of 13. But hey, can loyalty to love be considered as maturity? Haha

Abstract taken from diary of Nov 2001

27 August

I’ve got a lot of news to write. Firstly, my results are quite pleasant. Secondly, I’ve just got Midtown Madness 2. Though happy for the above two, I can’t help thinking if ___ is by my side, my elatefulness will be more complete……………..

28 August

Hi John! It’s been a long time. On MSN now, how I wish that ____ was chatting with me instead of that parasite. I’m desperate now, yeah, teacher’s day. How am I going to face Miss Phua I dunno, but I do know tat I find her my best teacher ever!!!!!!!!

*_____ is the name of the girl.

*the rest of the entries are something like that too.

And now, being regarded as mature and grown up, I wish I could turn back in time to the days when I’m in primary schools, the days when Power Rangers are my idols and gods. Till now, I could still call the names of the five rangers. Vaguely, I remember how tens of pupils stumble across the basketball court everyday, chasing after a bottlecap. I could still recollect the times when we play Chinese Chess, each time in supplication for the carelessness on the opponent’s part and to us, the game can only be ended using two methods – shuang pao jiang and shuang che jiang.

In a blink of an eye, I am seventeen. Life seems so much more complicated and complex. Even a chess game requires so much careful thinking, tactical strategies and carelessness is something that is seldom present in our games. Sometimes, it’s so much being a kid, being young again, without much health problems or concerns.

Life is so much like a game of international chess, isn’t it? In the first 25 years, we study and learn, creating a foundation, in preparation for the working life of an adult (just like the early game of chess, in which development of pieces take place). Soon, we approach the mid game, where we use tactics and strategy to achieve and gain a greater advantage. At last, after our retirement, the end game, with very limited choices left, we move on and see for ourselves whether we win or lose in life. Ironically though, death seems to be both the prize and the forfeit.

Right, off I go to read Diary 2002!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

welcome to life mate. haha. but yeah. i guess its all part and parcel of life. as hard as it may be. lol. cheers.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters