Friday, August 03, 2007

Indignation 2007: Kissing

Friday, August 03, 2007 T: 18 59

In a blog http://singabloodypore.rsfblog.org, there is an article regarding the banning an exhibition of photographs depicting gays and lesbians kissing. The mere idea of people actually wanting to do such an exhibition appalls me. What frustrate me further are the comments to that blog entry which convey the anger at the government in media control. I do not think this is anymore an issue about the strict media control in Singapore. Rather, it got to do with doing what is right and what is wrong. Do parents honestly want their children to have homosexual tendencies? If people could say ‘yes’, then I have nothing to say. If not, why even create an environment which may encourage and promote such behavior for the sake of media freedom?

I often think that the increasing liberalization may bring greater peace to the world. To me, it is this that allows people of different races to live together, whether in harmony or simply mutual tolerance. I believe that each individual will have a right to choose what they want to do. But when actions or activities cross the moral line, I think we will have a problem. Indeed, it saddens me that the world is beginning to condone what I would regard as unnatural relationships. Of course, it’s easier for me to say because I’m heterosexual. But I think everyone has a vague idea of what is right and what is wrong, what is natural and what is unnatural. It is when people ignore all moral concerns for the sake of pleasure, will the world be thrown into chaos.

It is just like we won’t allow people to commit suicide, won’t allow people to have sexual relationships with minors, won’t allow children to watch too much violent shows, won’t allow mercy killing. It is not about denying freedom. It’s about doing what’s right; it’s about parenting 4 million people in this country. In this case, I will support the censorship board, the government of Singapore .




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters