competition
Sunday, June 10, 2007 T: 23 39
The words ‘friendly competition’ is an irony. I don’t think such will ever exist, especially among us humans. There is always that thirst for victory, which is so able to overwhelm any good-will intentions, any little bit of goodness still left in us. Naturally, we all love to win and hate to lose. But it’s a shame whenever such attitude can erode a relationship, and even destroy it.
I never like to compete against friends. It’s after all during competitive computer games friends could turn out jeering and snaring at each other. And really, sometimes we can all be able to say it’s just a silly computer game, but I can’t ignore the fact that I’ve been personally irritated by newer players, maybe even let the anger get to me as well. There is after all always that desire to win, especially in guys.
The tongue is after all like a double-edged sword. Its power is often underestimated, for it seems many a often uncontrollable. I think it’s always right to think carefully before saying anything, lest offending or saddening anyone, checking oneself time and time again to see if anywhere has gone wrong. There will be somewhere where there is a need to repent. We are after only mere sinful creatures, yet somehow called to light.

2 Comments:
how true it is (: thanks for your weekly contributions which always inspire me (:
hi
these are just ramblings for a quite free soldier. i'm glad that they are coherent.
rather, i think i would like to thank you for reading, and bearing with my poor command of the language. thanks for the encouragement too.
Post a Comment
<< Home