If we are the body
Sunday, May 20, 2007 T: 14 54 STAR
Every mundane beginning has an end. PUNJ will too has its last official meeting this Sunday. Come next Sunday, the entire youth ministry will be integrated into STAR. I hope I could still be considered as a youth of course, but not anymore. The abbreviation has received some objections naturally, but it’s just a name anyway. It’s funny how I have pass out from YF to somewhat go back there again. I suppose it’s all part of God’s plan.
From a more idealistic and optimistic view, the change could be useful. Frankly speaking, it is just a small change in my opinion, and yet it may be able to solve the transition dropouts that have plagued the ministry for the past few years. The ministry would be more united in some sense, and YF and PUNJ would not be so divided as it is before. Leaders-wise, I think there would be a lot of things to be worked out course, since the older ones definitely will do more in-dept bible studies than the young ones.
I think since the church elders have come out with such a plan, the onus is on us as older seniors to make it work out. We hate to be removed from our comfort zones. We always do. The challenge for us as Christians inspired by Christ’s work on the cross is whether we are able to portray a little of that love Christ has displayed. I remember when I begin hanging out with the older PUNJ people, I’m always encouraged how often our conversations relate to the Word of God, the ministry of God, about fellow brothers and sisters and how we can do to help them in their daily walk, theology and academic opinions to probably the greatest literature on Earth. No, the Bible is something more than literature. It is life itself. Will we be able to do that? Will I be able to do that?
I was once a youth. Perhaps for me, I began thinking about God from a young age, perhaps because of what I have went through in my life. For many, I don’t think religion is very much attractive at that age, and such is not helped by the peer pressure in their schools and elsewhere. But I think at the very least, they are grounded in the gospel and finally when they really stop and rest for a moment in this hectic world, they could remember and understand how really God has been providing and the power of the Cross.
Some of course are concerned about the ‘politics’ that’s involved. I suddenly become very much aware of this word these several months. Come to think about it, I don’t think it’s really something to worry about, because it’s almost everywhere. Maybe among the youths, it would seem more evident because they may lack the understanding the Word, if I may boldly suggest. In reality, the external politics can seem to be more stumbling than these youthful ones, when one see the power struggle even among churches, between elders and pastors would have proclaimed themselves Christians, and even the involvement of church in country’s politics. As much as we may like to run away from it, to avoid it even, it is very real and very much present. Certainly if the church has no power in
How pertinent it is for Rev John Ting today to speak about knowing God and knowing about God, to preach about how the knowledge of God should parallel proactive Christian love. A lot of us Christians, we all know out stuff. We know the Law. We know the gospels. We know the Epistles. Are we able to put them into practice? Are we able to lead selfless lives that God has called us to live? This is nothing new isn’t it? We don’t do all these because of this integration. It is just part of our 24/7 worship, except that now we are given a chance to involve others as well.
We are after all the body.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home