in addition
To add on to my previous post, maybe the reason why we have so many denominations is partially also church leaders could not agree on a common practice and system. Maybe they could not agree on certain doctrines, especially in some of the grey areas of the Bible, where the Bible isn’t clear – some issues with answers that may not be directly revealed to us, and the a priori and a posteriori inferences differ among theologians. But more fundamentally, I think church leaders and preachers ought to know the great importance of the work they are doing, for it is through them God is working in the reconciliation, for they are as capable in helping their followers to understand the gospel as misleading the entire congregation altogether. To me, pastors, preachers and bible study leaders have to be humble, and check themselves time and time again. It is easy after all for praises and compliments to get to one’s head. It is easy to be stubborn and refuses to admit one might be in the wrong, to be offended when admonished especially by a younger person. I think we ought to know we all err, but we must know how to own up to mistakes and take criticism wisely. We are no gods. In this world where sometimes ‘face’ is more important than one’s life, it is very difficult for an older person to have his wrongs pointed out by another, or even a younger fellow. I think we must all understand as much as announcing to the world one or two blunders may be damaging to our reputation and credibility, not doing so may be devastating to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. And so for God’s sake, and for my sake, please correct me when I do go wrong!

1 Comments:
Sure brother, I will love to "correct" you man. Let's continue to pray of our fellow brothers and sisters that what ever they do think of Christ 1st for He taught us to be other- centred rather than self-centred.
So, I think we should change our names to..... "无名"
Till we meet again,
无名龙
Post a Comment
<< Home