birds
I watched the small cage of little birds intently. There were about 20 of them all cramped up in the small enclosure. Some darted repeatedly at the metal bars, hoping to break free. Others simply perched themselves on the sticks, perhaps resigned to their fates. It must be terrible, staring into the open sky, knowing that you belong to a greater place, but yet unable to. But if they ever get set free, will they miss the days when food always is present, when they do not have to fend for themselves? Peering at the world through my little keyhole, I should be contented that at least I can see.
Besides this cage of birds is another which houses a bunch of lovebirds. They were in pairs, standing besides each other, contented and pleased to have each other. They do not seek to get out. Maybe for a relationship to works, it takes more than just commitment. Each must learn to enjoy and appreciate the company of their partner. This is in light of a movie I watch today. Before Sunset is a great movie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home