Wisdom
Knowledge is power. This is indeed a famous phrase used especially by teachers to advocate education. I never disagree. The things one knows about other people already grants them a certain amount of power that they can wield, especially the ones meant to be kept secretive. That being the case, all the more people wants to know everything, for not only it grants a sense of honour but also the ability to entertain during a gossip session. Many a times, I heard countless criticism and insults. (All these are of course done behind the back of the victim.) My immediate response to the attacker will be distrust. In my social life, keeping my bad comments to myself is one golden rule I stick to, and I thought it’s very important to maintaining relationships. As to those who gossip, I would only despise them.
What is wisdom? What is not wisdom? What is intelligence? What is not intelligence? I feel very comfortable in Serangoon JC, despite the fact that it is one of the bottom JCs in the country. What will the atmosphere like in the top JCs? Why do I get the feeling that I do not wish to know? In a school of people with lower intellect, things are much simpler. Attacks are openly declared, abuse verbally and publicly hurled, maybe eruptions of fights. Yet among the smartest, there is always backstabbing, gossip, and I’ve heard countless recounts of that. So what if people are smart? The things they resort to are simply despicable and downright evil. Hypocrites I feel is the worst breed of humans. It is much secure surviving in a bright and open field, than a dark and creepy forest, full of dangers lurking around. Being smart and brilliant is good, but alas, the sinful ways of man will often corrupt it.

1 Comments:
hey uncle(: i like this entry. it made me think. yeah(: had a nice talk about YF with you just now on msn. AND YOU FINALLY GOT A PHONE:D haha. take care!
Post a Comment
<< Home